Monday, May 28, 2012

"Every mind must make its choice between truth and repose. It cannot have both." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

I've noticed a "growing out of ideas" lately and it indicates, I'm quite sure, a new phase of personal growth and accountability.  Sometimes this mandates a "changing of the guard" in dealing with connections to others and situations.  With all our teachings regarding kindness and compassion toward others, it feels as if we might be working at cross purposes to let certain folks and choices of circumstances move to a distance.

However, energy of a mental and spiritual level needs to experience an unfettered state.  The choices of ideas and emotions are self-fulfilling when talking about manifesting a particular path in this lifetime.  With my "life in the aftermath" of a narcissist/psychopath, I've taken stock of myself - my actions, my in-actions, the direction I wish to travel in my life now, and the emotions I wish to experience on a regular basis.

Life has her ups and downs and no one genuinely wishes to spend every moment in serenity, but there is a place within the mind and heart that decides - at some point - that this life means something.  Something more than constant melodrama...that it can be remarkable on whatever level of staging that might present.  That uncommon production played for no desire of public notice, but a tether to the inner landscape of ethical presence.  And, this is choice.

Choice, itself is the selection of the awareness of a path.  It may not be the ability to buy the ticket to that departing train at that very instant, and yet, this determination has already shifted viewpoints.  With choice we head into the realm of "what if."  In this frame of reality, we as people seem to look at "investigative evaluation" as mandating communication with others and cultivated connections from like-minded folks as an affirmation of agreement.  We don't really need that agreement.  

There are dynamics at play and when we intuitively follow the course which leads to the higher ground of decency, we find that life looks better... it actually IS better for ourselves and those in connection to us...as ripples in a pond moving outward.  We touch those in our immediate vicinity...social groups...and humanity....and just maybe we move  into an effect on a wholeness of permeating energy.

This letting go is difficult.  Growth isn't something one drifts into, it requires courage of spirit.  "It's no longer a question of staying healthy.  It's a question of finding a sickness you like."  (Jackie Mason)  - With a grin I say, life's a lot like that!  I'm working on my Now.


1 comment:

  1. "Courage of the Spirit"! Wonderful! And so true. Thanks for the boost for my 'courage of the spirit"; letting go has always been extremely difficult for me; I have been learning it in recent years,(in some areas more quickly than others).
    Good luck with your NOW !

    ReplyDelete